Tests on Reserve makes tests available to Salem students outside of class hours and is meant to serve as a backup for the regular distribution and collection of course tests. Tests on Reserve are available at Gramley Library.
Instructions for Course Instructors
- For each student, place a copy of the test in an envelope. On the outside of the envelope write:
- Course name and number
- Your name
- Student name
- Special instructions for taking the test
- Include at least one extra test in case someone was overlooked in the test preparation process.
- Provide a student sign-in/sign-out sheet to show that the test was received and returned to the Circulation Desk.
- Bring the test envelopes to the Circulation Desk of Gramley Library before sending students to take the test. Do not send tests through campus mail.
- Remind students to bring a current photo ID (Salem ID, driver’s license, or passport) to retrieve the test.
- Retrieve tests from the Circulation Desk within 48 hours of test completion deadline. Abandoned tests will be forwarded to the Office of the Dean of the College.
Frequently Asked Questions
How secure are my tests?
The Closed Reserve area of Gramley Library is reasonably secure. Library staff will provide a test only to a student who supplies a valid photo ID, and whose name corresponds to that on the test envelope.
Does the library proctor tests?
Library staff do not proctor tests and can not guarantee that students will follow the instructions for taking the test. The success of Tests on Reserve depends upon each student’s observance of the Salem Honor Code and the instructor’s clear directions to students for taking the test.
May I put my final exam on reserve?
No. Only non-final tests may be placed on reserve. Final exams must be administered in Bryant Hall.